Food as Art
The website I visited was http://purpleslinky.com/humor/food/japanese-food-art-not-just-a-tasty-meal/. The title of the article I read was “Japanese Food Art: Not Just a Tasty Meal”. The reason I chose this article was in my reading the ideal of food of other culture being considered art. I'm a fan of sushi, and have always considered it an art. I agree with the ideal how art has influenced cultures. I have taking several Japanese art history class, and I have found it to be one of the most overall artist cultures. This can be simply view in the architecture, clothing and especially there food.
I really enjoyed the images of food displayed at this site. This in my opinion would be considered slow food at its finest. If Food art is not considered a fine art, it needs to be. As for the presentation and taste this would be the optimum level of food as art,
South, C. (2008, August). Japanese Food Art: Not Just a Tasty Meal [ On-Line Article]. Retrieved August 2, 2009 http://purpleslinky.com/humor/food/japanese-food-art-not-just-a-tasty-meal/
No comments:
Post a Comment